THE BULLETIN BOARD pinned from behind the seams ♡
Lately in the sewing room
lately in the sewing room ♡
currently under my needle
- - - ✿ - - -
πŸͺ‘ market prep
sewing approximately
800 things at once ♡
somehow... we're getting there
note to self ♡
make things.
make mistakes.
make them cute.
♡
✂ SAVE THE DATE ✂
NEXT MARKET
10/16 ♡ Revel Surf ♡
Mykis Crafts
current fabric
obsession ♡
✎ currently:
romanticizing everything
♡

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Too Many Threads to Hold πŸͺ‘

Grab your fabric, grab your thread; the sewing room door is now open… come on in. πŸͺ‘♡

Okay, so… second blog post EVER!! ♡

I’m going to try to stay consistent with posting. Maybe twice a week? Maybe even more? Who knows. We’re figuring this out as we go.

And I feel like there’s no better way to start my second post than by admitting that I am currently struggling to balance everything on my plate.

Between my full-time 5:30–2 job, Mykis Crafts, sewing, markets, my social life, and approximately 47 projects floating around in my head at any given moment… I am overwhelmed.

Work has been feeling especially unfulfilling lately. If money were no object, I think I would genuinely quit tomorrow and start working toward opening my dream craft studio.

A little space filled with fabric, sewing machines, craft supplies, classes, people making things together… basically everything I actually love.

Unfortunately, dream craft studios cost very real money. πŸ˜‚ And considering we’re currently trying to buy a house, opening one is definitely not in the budget right now.

So for now, I clock in at 5:30 AM and dream about fabric.

And then there’s Mykis Crafts… 🧡

At my last market, I SOLD OUT OF EVERYTHING.

Which is absolutely insane to type.

I am SO incredibly grateful. Seeing people actually choose something that I sat at my sewing machine and made with my own two hands will never not feel surreal.

But there is a tiny problem hiding behind that very exciting accomplishment…

I have another market coming up in October.

I’ve already planned it. I’ve already paid for it.

And after selling out, my inventory is currently looking a little… ✨ nonexistent ✨.

There is SO much I want to make and so little time to make it that I’ve entered this terrible cycle where I think about everything I need to do, get completely overwhelmed by the size of the list, and then somehow accomplish absolutely none of it.

Which is super helpful.

My sewing room is basically staring at me like:

Girl. Sit down.

Meanwhile, outside the sewing room… πŸ’Œ

I’m hosting one of my best friend’s bachelorette parties THIS WEEKEND!!!

And this is something I’m genuinely so excited about.

Obviously, being me, I couldn’t just attend the bachelorette party like a normal person. I had to make things.

A lot of things.

I can’t show you any of them yet because they’re surprises for her, but I WILL be posting everything I made afterward. πŸ‘€

So stay tuned for that because I am dying to show them off.

And speaking of this wedding…

THE WEDDING DRESS. πŸ‘°πŸ»‍♀️πŸͺ‘

Yes.

I am still making my best friend’s wedding dress.

And honestly?

There isn’t even that much left to do.

Which somehow makes it scarier???

I think I’ve reached the point where I know I’m getting close to the finish line, and suddenly every decision feels ten times more important. I know what needs to be done. I know I’m capable of doing it.

I just keep looking at it, thinking:

Okay… but where do I START?

And then I don’t.

So that’s where we are right now.

A full-time job.

An empty Mykis Crafts inventory.

An October market creeping closer.

A bachelorette party this weekend.

A wedding dress waiting to be finished.

A dream craft studio living rent-free in my brain.

And somewhere in the middle of all of that, I’m trying to remember that I actually started doing all of this because I love making things.

Maybe I don’t need to figure out how to do everything at once.

Maybe I just need to pick one thing, sit down at my sewing machine, and start.

One seam at a time. ♡

Until next time,

Michaela πŸͺ‘♡

1 comment:

  1. Oof, you got an interesting month up ahead! I hope you accomplish everything and more <3

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

POWER