THE BULLETIN BOARD pinned from behind the seams ♡
Lately in the sewing room
lately in the sewing room ♡
currently under my needle
- - - ✿ - - -
🪡 market prep
sewing approximately
800 things at once ♡
somehow... we're getting there
note to self ♡
make things.
make mistakes.
make them cute.
♡
✂ SAVE THE DATE ✂
NEXT MARKET
10/16 ♡ Revel Surf ♡
Mykis Crafts
current fabric
obsession ♡
✎ currently:
romanticizing everything
♡

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

dear diary... i made a blog ♡

 Well... apparently owning a craft business, buying entirely too much fabric, starting sewing projects at questionable hours, and turning everything I touch pink wasn't enough. So naturally, I made a blog.

A year ago, I started this business. I started out making tumblers and wristlets and selling them at markets, and then one day I decided, you know what? I have a sewing machine. I might as well try to learn how to sew.

And everything changed.

I started with tote bags and a TikTok I stumbled across. From there, I moved on to glasses holders and makeup bags. I was basically teaching myself as I went, trying new things and slowly figuring out what I actually liked making.

During all of this, I was also planning a wedding and trying to figure out whether we were going to renew our lease. Life got CRAZY, so I stopped doing markets for a while. I didn't stop crafting, though. I just started sewing for fun whenever I could find some free time.

At that point in my life, I didn't even have a craft room. I had a desk crammed into our bedroom, my sewing machine, and the couch in my living room. Somehow, I made it work.

Then we moved.

And I FINALLY had a craft room again. ♡

That's when sewing really took over.

I started teaching myself how to make more things. I followed TikTok tutorials, tried patterns I found online, figured out patterns on my own, messed things up, tried again, and slowly started realizing...

Wait.

I think I actually know how to sew now???

I still wasn't doing markets, but I was DEFINITELY sewing during basically every second of spare time I had.

And this is when things get fun.

After my wedding in May of this year (I'M A WHOLE WIFE!!!), we went on our honeymoon, and when we got back, I decided it was officially time to get Mykis Crafts back up and running.

So I started applying for markets and sewing. My. Butt. Off.

Kindle sleeves, book sleeves, makeup bags, aprons, hanging kitchen towels, and these absolutely ADORABLE puffy bow keychains. My craft room basically became a tiny fabric factory.

And then one of my best friends asked me to make her WEDDING DRESS.

Naturally, I said yes.

She wasn't planning on getting married for another two-ish years, so obviously I had plenty of time to figure out how exactly I was going to MAKE AN ENTIRE WEDDING DRESS.

...WRONG.

She and her man decided they're getting married THIS YEAR. On Halloween.

So that's happening. 😂

As I'm sitting here writing this, I've officially done two markets this year. The first one didn't go as well as I'd hoped, but that's part of running a business. You learn, change things, make more stuff, and try again.

And then I did another market LAST WEEK.

I. COMPLETELY. SOLD. OUT.

HOW CRAZY IS THAT????

I packed everything up knowing there was absolutely no question about it: whenever they announce the next market, I am THERE.

Meanwhile, I'm also almost finished with my best friend's wedding dress. I just have the finishing touches left, like the buttons down the back and her detached flowy sleeves.

And it is BEAUTIFUL.

Sometimes I look at it and think about the fact that not that long ago I was sitting on my living room couch following TikTok tutorials trying to figure out how to sew a tote bag.

And now I'm making someone's wedding dress.

That's kind of insane.

But somewhere along the way, this sewing journey also helped me realize what I want Mykis Crafts to become.

It isn't just "crafts Myki makes" anymore.

I want it to become something so much bigger.

One day, I want to open my own craft studio. A place where I can teach people how to sew, but also how to make pretty much anything they can dream up. Maybe that's 3D printing. Maybe it's painting. Maybe it's learning how to use that craft machine that's been sitting in the box because you're too intimidated to touch it.

I want people to have a place where they can walk in and just... create.

And one day, I hope Mykis Crafts becomes Mykis Crafts Studio. ♡

Mykis Crafts started with tumblers. But somewhere between the fabric piles, broken needles, TikTok tutorials, and way too many late-night sewing projects, it became something completely different.

And I think I did too.

So consider this my little corner of the internet. Part craft diary, part business behind-the-scenes, part sewing journal, and probably part evidence that I should not be allowed inside a fabric store unsupervised.

♡ ♡ ♡

currently: sewing ✂️
listening to: Green Light - Lorde 🎧
obsessing over: Christmas quilts! 🎀
next project: Christmas oven skirts 🧵


2 comments:

  1. dear writer i adore you already! love https://minasbeautifulmess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiration! I love to sew as well. I opened my Etsy shop but Impostor Syndrome grabbed me by the throat and I haven't had the confidence to try to sell more book sleeves or totebags. But I'm trying to become inspired again! Have you ever dealt with something like this?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

POWER